As many of you know, collagen and elastin play a huge role in keeping our skin firm and with a youthful appearance. They are known to be “the fountain of youth.” However, as we age, it gradually decreases, and that’s when wrinkles start to show up. Aging of the skin is a natural process and unfortunately, we can’t avoid it, but we can certainly slow down the process with a healthy lifestyle.
The factors that are within our control are largely environmental, such as pollution and sun damage. Here are 20 easy ways and recommendations to reduce wrinkles and slow down the aging process.
- Stop smoking (It’s #1 for a reason)
- Always wear sunscreen whether it’s cloudy or sunny and don’t sunbake.
- Hydrate your skin by drinking about 8 glasses of water a day. Water is the key to natural beauty.
- Use skin care products that contain antioxidants and AHA’s.
- Moisturize the skin on your face twice daily.
- Reduce stress. (Try reading, exercising, meditating) 15 minutes a day is a good start. Try to maintain a positive attitude, no matter the downsides life put you on the path.
- Reduce alcohol consumption. Overindulging can put enormous strain on
your system and will accelerate wrinkles forming.
- Eat healthily by incorporating plenty of fruits and vegetables into your daily
- Sleep at least 8 hours every night. This one is huge! When it comes to your beauty routine, sleep may be the closest thing there is to a fountain of youth. Your body repairs itself and recovers while you are sleeping and it’s time for your skin to make new collagen. Research has shown that magnesium improves sleep quality and helps with any sleep disorder. I have tried this for myself and it has given me excellent results, not only do I sleep better and feel restful in the morning, but this master mineral has helped me a lot with constipation and bloating.
- Eat fish three times a week. Great for the skin and overall health.
- Check with your doctor about taking supplements, your diet may be lacking some of the important ones. As I previously mentioned magnesium is very important and most people ignore the importance of this mineral.
- Use an eye cream for the delicate skin around the eyes nightly. I love using an eye treatment with retinol. It addresses the 3 key signs of eye aging—puffiness, dark circles & wrinkles.
- Facial scrubs remove the build-up of dead cells that can increase the appearance of wrinkles, try this weekly.
- Use natural skin care products that will nourish your skin and give it lots of vitamins and minerals to help it stay fresh and healthy.
- Jojoba oil resembles the skin’s natural oils. Dab this around the eyes to keep wrinkles at bay.
- Take vitamin C supplements and use products that contain vitamin C, it will help boost your collagen. Vitamin C does wonder for your skin! I shared time ago 4 reasons to incorporate vitamin C into your beauty routine.
- Start a good skincare routine in your 20’s. Prevention is easier than cure.
- Honey is known worldwide for its beneficial abilities. Use a honey mask weekly. Simply apply the honey to your face and neck and leave for 30 minutes then rinse off. This mask will “feed” your skin with nutrients. You can take a look at this post to learn easy recipes for beautiful skin with these effective DIY face masks.
- Aloe Vera and Avocado oil both have the ability to prevent the skin from drying out; they are both used to improve the skin’s elasticity.
- A soothing way to help achieve a wrinkle-free face is to lie on your back with your knees elevated by placing a pillow or cushion beneath them.
Let’s follow these points and pamper our skin from inside and out and don’t forget that your best moment to shine is now!
“This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission for purchases made through them, at NO additional cost to you. I am grateful for your support in this way to run this blog”