A proper skincare regimen is very important not only to keep your skin healthy but to make you feel beautiful and confident no matter your age. An effective skincare regimen is one that is done consistently over time before results will begin to develop. Before picking the right skincare routine for you it’s crucial to know your skin type and condition, so that way you can elevate your skincare regimen and choose the products that will be beneficial for your skin.
As a general rule of thumb, applying your products in a certain order is crucial to get the most out of them. Once you have the right products for your skin you should layer from lightest to heavy formulas.
How To Layer Your Morning Skincare Products
Let’s put it super simple, the thinnest and fast-absorbing products go first followed by the heavy ones. So here’s the order to layer your skincare products in the morning.
1.CLEANSER: The first step in caring for your skin is properly clean it. Perspiration, grease, dust, stale make-up, dirt, and bacteria all collect on your skin and must be completely removed.
Cleansing helps to clean the skin, open the pores, and allows for the skin to best absorb the products you are going to apply. If you wear a good amount of make-up, you may want to use a makeup remover to get the majority of the make-up off your face prior to cleansing. There are many different skin types; oily, dry, sensitive, prone to acne, etc and different cleansers do better with each type based on the pH and other varying factors. So it would be important to choose the best cleanser for your skin.
CLICK ON ANY ITEM FOR DETAILS
2. TONER: Toning is important because it helps remove any remaining greasiness on your skin after the cleansing process is complete. It helps to close pores, renew skin, maintain the skin’s natural pH, and if you intend to use makeup, it leaves a smooth clean texture that will hold foundation and powder much longer.
3. SERUM: This product is a game-changer due to the fact that serum has more concentrated ingredients. It’s stronger than your moisturizer and it delivers active ingredients to your skin to treat a specific condition: hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, congested skin.
4. MOISTURIZER: It helps to avoid dryness and protect your skin from irritation. When using your moisturizer, you’re helping the skin maintain its balance.
5. SUNSCREEN: This has to be your beauty ally and should always be applied last. If you want to avoid fine lines, wrinkles, premature aging, or even worse developing a critical skin condition, let me tell you that sunscreen needs to be part of your daily routine no matter the weather. The UV rays can easily penetrate the clouds, so if you were thinking that you can skip its application on those rainy days, that will be a NO,NO!
CLEANSER | TONER | SERUM | MOISTURIZER | SUNSCREEN
How To Layer Your Nighttime Skincare Products
While you’re sleeping, your skin absorbs the products better and in the morning, you can notice and feel the benefits. So here’s the order to layer your skincare products at night.
1. CLEANSER: I previously mentioned how important is to properly clean your face. It will be crucial to go to bed with completely clean skin. You can double cleanse your skin to deeply remove dirt, oil, and pollutants. It’s like sweeping your face before mopping. This Pre-Cleanse is one of a kind and it’s very gentle to the skin.
3.EYE CREAM. Never forget this delicate area under the eyes. Eye creams are formulated to address crow’s feet, dark circles, and puffiness that give us that tired appearance.
4. TREATMENTS: here it’s all about applying specific products to treat your particular skin condition such as aging skin, hyperpigmentation, acne, etcetera. Products such as retinol, peelings, acne gels work better at night because the skin is restoring and regenerating as we sleep.
5. NIGHT CREAM OR MOISTURIZER: You can use either your daily moisturizer at night or a night cream which is recommended. They are generally thicker and heavier and designed to be absorbed over the course of several hours.
CLEANSER | TONER | EYE CREAM | TREATMENTS | NIGHT CREAM
Hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know in the comments section below what are your favorite beauty products. I would love to know!
Keep shining beauty and remember that your best moment to shine is now!
“This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission for purchases made through them, at NO additional cost to you. I am grateful for your support in this way to run this blog”